The Boston Area accounted for 65% of all Lincolnshire migration to New England between 1620 and 1640 and totaled 166 individuals. The 1630 sailing of the Winthrop Fleet with 21 individuals and the 1633 migration of Rev. John Cotton with 46 individuals comprised two of the three largest migrations from Lincolnshire between 1620 and 1640. The third was the 1634 migration from the Alford Area with 32 members of the Hutchinson Family and their friends.
MIGRATION BY LOCATION
BOSTON IMMIGRANTS 1620 – 1640
© by Barry A. Cotton
- Great Migration (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2019) https://www.americanancestors.org/DB496/i/13260/526/235845194
- Anderson, Robert Charles. The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, Boston: The New England Historical Genealogical Society, 2015.
- Anderson, Robert Charles. The Winthrop Fleet, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012.
- Banks, Charles Edward. The Winthrop Fleet of 1630., Houghton Mifflin Company, 1930.
- Moore, Susan Hardman. Abandoning America, Boydell & Brewer, 2016.