The Alford Area accounted for 25% of Lincolnshire migration to New England between 1620 and 1640 and totaled 64 individuals. The 1634 migration of 32 individuals initiated by Anne Hutchinson and her family was second only to the 1633 migration of John Cotton and his circle.
MIGRATION BY LOCATION
ALFORD AREA IMMIGRANTS 1633 -1639
- Great Migration (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2019) https://www.americanancestors.org/DB496/i/13260/526/235845194
- Anderson, Robert Charles. The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, Boston: The New England Historical Genealogical Society, 2015.
- Anderson, Robert Charles. The Winthrop Fleet, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012.
- Banks, Charles Edward. The Winthrop Fleet of 1630., Houghton Mifflin Company, 1930.
- Moore, Susan Hardman. Abandoning America, Boydell & Brewer, 2016.
© by Barry A. Cotton